24 Shucked Oysters, Liquor, and 24 deep shells
3/4 cup chicken stock
4 TBS butter
1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
2 TBS flour
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup light cream
1 cup chopped cooked shrimp or back fin crabmeat
3 TBS dry Sherry
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Cayenne pepper, Paprika (if desired)
1 cup panko bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
1. Shuck Oysters, drain and reserve oyster liquor (1/4 cup) Add it to the stock and
heat in a small sauce pan.
2. Melt butter in another saucepan and saute mushrooms and shallots until tender.
Stir in flour and cook until bubbling. Remove from heat and whisk in the stock mixture.
Return to heat and boil, stirring constantly, unti the sauce thickens. Simmer for 3 minutes
3. Whisk egg yolks and cream in a bowl. Whisk in 1/2 cup of the hot sauce, a spoonful at a time. Then slowly beat in the reaming sauce. Transfer the enriched sauce to the saucepan. Place over moderate heat and, stirring carefully, bring to a simmer.
4. Add the shrimp or crabmeat, and sherry. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
5. Arrange oysters in their shells on a baking sheet, lined with aluminum foil. Distribute the seafood mixture over the oysters and lighlty sprinkle with panko and paprika (if desired)
Bake from 5-10 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and the bread crumbs are lightly browned.